View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 03:28 PM
burchquilts

Originally Posted by jude by the sea View Post
Where do you live? I love your wildlife....oh I don't have any cardinals in my area. Your so lucky. We have eagles etc. but no cardinals. We live in cental california. Enjoy your animals!
Oh, I forgot about us having cardinals, too. And I don't know how I did that either. We have a large screened in porch that we leave the door open on (so Leo can just come & go & we don't have to go open the outside door for him every time we let him out). Sometimes birds get "confused" & fly onto the porch. Most of them are easy to catch & pretty docile but cardinals? Number 1, I had no idea they were so big (compared to other birdds I have to grab on the porch) & number 2, they are MAD & not very nice about being caught (not as bad as woodpeckers, but still). So, yeah... we have cardinals, too. And fabulous blue jays. And moles. How could I forget moles? My yard is vibrating with them! Yankee used to chase them in their tunnels. It was too funny!

Last night I looked out to see if Leo was ready to come in & saw a wood chuck wandering around (outside the fence, thank goodness! Leo is "curious" & that could be ugly).