Old 05-26-2012, 04:03 PM
treadlep

[QUOTE=vintagemotif;5245035]I'm sewing my Kwik Sew 3594 bra today. At first, I was going to go with a Jalie 3131 since there is a youtube tute and it looks easier to sew. The other day, I found the Kwik pattern at Stonemountain and Daughter. The Kwik pattern is more of a challenge. I should have gone with the Jalie for the first attempt at making a bra. All sewing has been done on the Necchi Supernova.

A good resource for bra making is Anne St.Clair of Needle Nook Fabrics. I first heard about this company on a sewing podcast and then my mother took one of her classes at an ASG conference and raved about the class. My mom bought a kit with enough fabric and findings for a few bras and a book about fitting and making bras. She also made at least one bra and was happy with it. I looked at her book and thought it seemed very comprehensive and useful---someday I intend to buy my own. You can google the company, but here's an attempt at a link to the blog: www.ndlnookfab.blogspot.com. I think the store is centered around knit fabrics, primarily.