Old 05-26-2012, 04:03 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Day One ... I'm back!!
Tired, pooped, exhausted ...... and wishing there was someone whipping up a supper for me!
Guess it'll be an apple omelette with cheese ... one of my all time favourite default meals.
Intense ... well, kinda sorta.
Of course, the heat and no a/c didn't help either.
The intense part ... of course, wanting to do a good job.
We've been talking about perspective ... I did go with the mindset that if it wasn't for me, then, I would leave with an appreciation of what/how it's done.

Worse part is working at a table normal height, bent over to do all the slicing and dicing of the fabric .......... and one dreadfully sore back, hip and leg.
Tomorrow, I'm taking my bed risers to life the table up. I'm not sure if it'll be too late, but will try.

Three "exercises" .... each time preceeded by a demo done by the artist to help us understand the technique.
One ... create an emotion. Oh right .. I am SO not into airy-fairy-ideas.
Two ... we drew two colours from a bag, and had to do a piece transitioning from one to the other. At least that was more up my alley
Three ... we chose a photo that showed texture, and then had to create that photo with fabrics.

It sure isn't something to do unless you like creating a mess. Now think of all these itty-bits chopped and all over the place!!!
And oh ... all the FMQ rules we've learned, are out the window!!!

Sorry ... not pics ... I promise, I will do some for you after tomorrow.
And I have no idea what is in store for us then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to the perspective talk ......
Life throws us all some blows at times and it's important to put things in perspective and not let them take control of us, beyond what is realistic.
Whether the worse of times and the best of times, it's important to take care of "me" ... as if I truly believe that if you don't take care of yourself, first and foremost, you can't do all the taking care of everyone else. Whether it be a few moments a day or many moments .... it's vital to our inner balance and harmony and in order for us to survive.

And when I don't keep that balance ... I am not an easy person to live with myself.

Guess what? ... how do I survive? ... sewing, quilting!!!
A friend of mine knows when I've been away from it too long, and reminds me that I haven't been near the machine ..... without even knowing so. They just "know".

One final thought about the taking care ....
.... a quote that I read several years ago, that has stuck in my mind, and the essence of taking care of "me" ............
"Saying NO, is saying YES, to yourself!!!"

Often times if we would just say NO, we would take care of ourselves, oh so easily!

Good Night!!! .... some supper and then off to lalala land!