View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 07:20 PM
ghostrider

Originally Posted by QuiltE
Ghostie ... Brilliant!!! Now that could be a design you could market!!! Have you decided how you will proceed from here? Size? wall hanging? or?

The hands/heart design is a standard clip art one, fancied up to suit my purposes, so marketing would be doubtful even if I do figure out how to put it together...which I haven't fully done yet. Someday I might actually use a pattern so someone else can do all the 'how' work...or maybe not. *giggle*

I haven't decided on a size yet, but I'm thinking probably around 26" square? I have a spare 30" canvas I can mount it on to give it some presence. The stripes will be pieced, the rest fused raw edge appliqué. I still need to play with the star and maple leaf placements and need to add one more star so the number of stars has meaning like the other elements.

There are 13 stripes for the thirteen original US colonies and 13 maple leafs (leaves?) for the 10 provinces and 3 territories of Canada. If I can fit in one more star to make it 21, that would be the total number of states (13), provinces (7) and territories (1) that form the border between the two nations...the longest international border in the world shared by the same pair of countries.