View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 10:32 AM
cutebuns
Power Poster

I don't sleep all that much. Not if I can help it.

I am fast. Don't know if I would be better if I slowed down. Sometime I wonder how it feels like to be able to take my time.

Anyone wants to come and play they are more than welcome. I love company. So far most of my company has been a beginner. I would actually like to quilt with someone who knows as much or more than I do.

I wish I had a Gammil or something of the sort. I am using a grand quilter hobby 1200 phaff right now on the table. I love the table, I would like a longer arm. I love ot for piecing, it has a good foot and it is fast. It only does a straight stitch which is okay because both the brother and the janome both have more stitches that I could ever ask for or use. They aso both do embroidery. I have to pay off the embroidery machine before I think of spending that on another machine.

My kids are actually laying on my cutting table. It is good and sturdy. I found it out in the back pasture. Towed it in with my husbands quad. It has really nice wheels on it. It moves when I need it too. the kids love it up there. There is lots of chairs that they can sit on as well. I just recently put a second tv in. That way everyone can see and hear when the machines are going.

My iron just the way It is sitting looks better than it is. I got it from wal mart and it is a ge. So far i am really happy with it. It has a little weight, makes it easier to press and not iron.

Most people think that I am cracked, probably because this room is stuffed with all sorts of stuff. Origionally it was only going to be for sewing. Then a few crafts moved in. then a few more things. Then the cats, then the dog. The kids leave pieces of themselves all the time. I love it. Mess and all. Not that I don't wish that I could get a handle on it. It would make my life easier. The garage is 17 x 32. And I have filled most of it.

I love my wood stove. On the really cold days I throw an extra log on and sit by it and keep warm and toasty. It is funnt, I sent the quilts to my mom because i was out of time to clean them up and she said the smell of wood smoke on them sent her back. We spent 10 years in an old farm house in my growing up years and it was warmed by a wood stove.

We bought my husband a big shed for his stuff. I kicked him out there. I think we all deserve a big dedicated area to do our stuff. It took me years to get a place I like this.

Everybody is going to get tired of reading all of this. I am realy long winded today.