Old 05-27-2012, 05:06 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Nancy, did you undo the silver knobs that lock in the bite lever?It's clear someone was using the 15 x 1 needles with it. Probably trashed the bobbin case and it got thrown out because of that.
Yes, I undid both the screws. I tried everything, thinking this machine just works different from the 319w. That bight lever on top that should change the needle position will not budge. I even had my DH take a look. Something inside is frozen up. I even took off the top to see if I could get to the bight controller that way - no go - it is cast metal and sealed in. Next I will have to take the whole bight control off the machine, but right now I have it resting in oil and trying some of Miriam's suggestions for getting it to loosen up.

I think the lady I got it from knew more than she said. When I told her the bobbin case is missing, her daughter said, "no, nothing is missing." She described the case to her daughter - after telling me she knew nothing about sewing machines or how they work. She jumped on it when I told her I wouldn't pay more than $25 for the machine with that part missing. Yeah, I think they tried using 15x1's as the cabinet had several packages in different fabric sizes.

What does work on this machine is very smooth. It sewing so quietly, it is a pleasure to sew with and listen to. You know my 319w is in treadle so I hear the treadle when I sew - I hadn't heard one of these sew with a motor before. I am very impressed - it just sounds so nice. I hope I can get the bight lever to work. If not, I will just keep it for an alernate to the 319w. I really really like the feel and sound of this machine.

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 05-27-2012 at 05:10 AM.