Thread: Small pictures
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 05:24 AM
ghostrider

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
I am puzzled - I used the SAME scanner with the SAME settings for the scans I attached the same way to my ad and and for the scans I attached to another thread. So far, the scans in my ad are still 'regular-sized' - the scans in that other thread have been thumb-nailed.

So that explanation doesn't make sense for the attachments I made.
It's not happening in all the sections. None of the For Sale/ISO/Offers/Requests sections are affected (yet?) possibly because it would lower the chances of a sale. The Pictures section is not affected. I didn't check all the other sections to see what's happening with them.

When we first went to the new software, all embedded photos were full size and all attached photos were thumbnails. At that time they were debating not allowing embedded photos at all, forcing them all to be thumbnails. They changed their minds...perhaps they've changed them back. Who knows. If a lot of people are complaining about slow download times, that would be a reason they might go with thumbnails. If it's a concern, why not ask Patrice and get a definitive answer?

Last edited by ghostrider; 05-27-2012 at 05:26 AM.