View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 07:17 AM
DebbieKT

Originally Posted by WandaVA View Post
When I bought my Janome 350E, the dealer recommended Madeira polyneon thread. She recommended against rayon, because it is not colorfast and could melt with a hot iron. I bought my thread from The Sewphisticated Stitcher because their prices were good, but also because I could choose my colors, rather than take whatever colors were in a set. If you buy 48 spools from them, you get a free case; I bought 144 spools, so I have 3 nice cases to store the thread. I have never had any problems whatsoever with the Madeira polyneon, but I would suggest that you ask your dealer what he/she recommends, because different machines may want different types of thread.

Have fun with your machine! I use mine on a regular basis, and am very happy with it.
I am just about sold on the Janome 350E. I have played a bit at the dealership and keep coming back to that one. A little beyond the budget I gave myself but feel like she calls to me whenever I am in the store. Of course so do some of the fancier more exspensive machine LOL but I can't justify the extra expense for the bells and whistles. I really think the 350E will suit my needs without growing pains too soon on. It sounds like you have no buyer regret with this model.