View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Friday1961

Originally Posted by bossross View Post
I checked out the links and patterns everyone suggested and found that there are two versions. One is made using trapizods (and they sell a special ruler for this pattern). The quilt I orginally made (and posted above) was made with half square triangles, not the trapizods and I tracked that pattern down to Fons & Porter. It was in an old magazine, but they still sell the pattern online. The half square triangle pattern was super easy because you can use the thangles type paper. I'm already in my quilting room sorting through my fat quarters! Can't wait to start sewing.
This was my first impression, too, from looking at your beautiful quilt. HSTs. (Although they are not my friends!). But they are probably more work than using the trapezoids. The tutorial posted by the woman in Russia makes it look super easy....once you get those trapezoids cut, which may not be as easy as they look, although she said she did not use a special ruler, just a triangle.

Either way, your quilt is really gorgeous and striking, and has inspired me, like many others, apparently. This one goes on my list.

Thanks for the photo and the inspiration!

Marilyn