Old 05-27-2012, 09:21 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Monica, how is it going with the bra making? I have a quilt project I have been working on for a month that I am loving! This project has been piece-mealed together as I get 'parts,' and it is almost done now. But, I don't have a desire to make a bra, although, I am very interested in how you'll feel about the project once it is completed! I have made lots of clothes and may do them again someday, but now I just make quilts and mend with my machines! I love fabric and with quilts you can always buy more fabric!

Nancy
Nancy,

The bra making is coming along; I need to add the elastic, straps, and hooks. If this doesn't fit as well as I wish, I think I have figured out the alterations. The pattern I picked Kwik Sew has more pieces than the Jalie; so, I have more work...auugh. I'm thinking of purchasing the Jalie to see how well that pattern fits versus the Kwik Sew.

If this were the 60s, I would just burn my bra. I read a couple of blogs where some gals in their twenties made their own bras that were not padded. They have only known padded bras (from 90s on), and they were very much surprised at the comfort of the non padded bras that they made.

Well in my opinion, quilts are much easier and more pleasurable to sew than clothes. The quilt conforms or molds to any body, doesn't go out of style, and are always comfy.

You now have 50 machines! Wow! I have stopped collecting for now, and my focus is on sewing projects.

I bet your latest quilt is beautiful!! You do very nice work from what I have seen at the TOGA at Cathy's. I wish we lived closer; it would be fun to see your collection of machines and quilt projects.

Heck, I wish I lived closer to all here since I enjoy seeing other folks projects and finds!

Last edited by vintagemotif; 05-27-2012 at 09:28 AM.