Thread: Memorial Day
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 12:36 PM
Pam B

This is an unusually busy Memorial Day weeked for me. SIL and BIL flew in from Denver Friday afternoon and will be going home on Tues. So Fri nite all DH siblings and spouses came to our house to eat pizza and visit. Yesterday DH and I went with our youngest daughter (recent college grad) to help her select her very first apt. (Right now she is commuting about an hour and fifteen minutes each way to her new job.) She will move in at the beginning of July. Today I got up early to fill coolers as the guys plus DD and her boyfriend were headed to the Indy 500! When they arrive home this evening, we are having a cookout for more friends and relatives who want to visit our houseguests. Tomorrow while SIL and BIL are off visiting yet other relatives and friends, DH and I have decided to replace doors to our backyard and possibly to our front porch. Then tomorrow evenining, my dad and step-mom are coming for dinner. Did I mention I feel like I have done nothing but cook and clean all weekend? I love having company but I am also very envious of those who have some time to quilt this weekend. Oh, well...I have 3 more days of school this week then I will have some free time to relax. SIL and BIL will be flying here again in 3 weeks for a family member's wedding and then we (the 4 of us) are going to vacation in a beautiful cabin in Gatlinburg. Happy Memorial Day weekend to everyone!