Old 05-27-2012, 05:41 PM
nanna-up-north

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Ok I did it - or I should say DH did it! It took some brute strength, but the lever to move the needle position now moves freely! That thing was just stuck solid! Once he got it to wiggle, then start to move, he just forced it free! Yippeeeeee! So I can move the needle left, right, middle! I re-did all the decorative stitches just to make sure we didn't break something - everything works as it should except the light! The light works, but when I step on the gas the light completely dims down to nothing. When I stop sewing, the light comes back on? The light doesn't matter as this machine will probably end up in a treadle anyway, but anyone had this issue before? It is like when the motor is running it uses so much power that the light dims completely down.

Nancy

Now if I could get my Damascus TSM to sew I'd be set!
This sounds like the problem I had with that 27 treadle. I couldn't get the stitch regulator button to budge... even a little bit. I had to use some blaster and work the knob back and forth for hours. But, it finally started moving and now I can turn it back and forth with ease. I am still amazed at the engineering in these old machines.