Old 05-27-2012, 06:16 PM
Candace

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Ok I did it - or I should say DH did it! It took some brute strength, but the lever to move the needle position now moves freely! That thing was just stuck solid! Once he got it to wiggle, then start to move, he just forced it free! Yippeeeeee! So I can move the needle left, right, middle! I re-did all the decorative stitches just to make sure we didn't break something - everything works as it should except the light! The light works, but when I step on the gas the light completely dims down to nothing. When I stop sewing, the light comes back on? The light doesn't matter as this machine will probably end up in a treadle anyway, but anyone had this issue before? It is like when the motor is running it uses so much power that the light dims completely down.

Nancy

Now if I could get my Damascus TSM to sew I'd be set!
Nancy, I don't know how to explain it but it's wired on the same pin as the motor. You can switch the wire to a different pin and it will stay on fully. What happens is when you hit the gas both the motor and light are drawing from the same spot on the controller. I hope I explained it so you can look at the connector on the machine and see what I'm talking about. My 319 was doing that and I moved the light wiring off the motor wiring and it was fine. There's nothing wrong with your machine or light, it's just the wiring hub is a bit mixed up. You just unscrew the the screws in the connector and move the wire. Then re-screw it.