Thread: celtic knot d9p
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 06:54 PM
bluekrissyspikes

Default celtic knot d9p

my best friend has been trying to have a baby for.....well, as long as i've known her which is almost a decade. she's gone through so many struggles and miscarriages and finally had success with the help of a good fertility doctor, she is due in less than a month with a baby girl so i wanted to make sure this quilt was something special and I think it is!
this was my first time doing a celtic knot and i used some kind of trim that resembles shoe lace because i was too lazy to made double fold bias tape. this caused an issue because it didn't bend as it should but it was easy enough to fold it over when it started to rumple and the effect it gave reminds me of when i used to draw with an old calligraphy pen i'd found when i was a kid. i also love how the background turned out after trying several different layouts with the d9p squares. i see many more of these in my future, with different knots and in all different colour schemes.

oops.....i don't know why the pic is so small but if you click on it, it will expand
Attached Thumbnails picture-001.jpg