View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 10:33 AM
LoriJ

My guild had a challenge last May and the completed quilts are due at tomorrow nights meeting. I thought I'd give you all a sneak peak at my entry. We selected a brown paper bag that had three pieces of fabric and were to make a quilt using those fabrics plus others. We also had to use one of the "block party" blocks (we had one each month to learn new techniques) from the previous year. The fabrics were not the most attractive in the world and did not necessarily go together. All year long, our block party blocks had names that had to go with a dinner party, i.e. chips and salsa, blueberry cheesecake, etc.

Here is my finished challenge quilt. The three fabrics were 1. The grey in the red and grey block, upper left 2. the green/purple in the lower left and 3. the light blue in the upper right. I used four of the block party blocks and went with a "dinner" theme making it look like a dinner table with placemats and a center runner and called it "What's for dinner?". It sure was fun figuring out how to put it all together. Enjoy. :lol:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-11927.jpe