View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 05:06 AM
damaquilts

My 2 cents.. I think it all depends on your set up in your room.. In my daughters house I had to have shelves with baskets because the room had no storage otherwise so I used the ruler method to fold and stand in the baskets.. I tried to move that idea to this house which has closets and it was a PITA ... The doors are sliding so I was constantly sliding doors back and forth and there was a space in the middle I couldn't get to with out taking everything else out first. Leaving the doors off was not an option ,not my house, Anyway I finally moved/got rid of a lot of my books and folded the fabric on comic boards. I have 5 shelves packed with over 300 pieces of fabric. I can see what I have and I am not moving a bunch of stuff to get to it. I need at least one more shelf for fabric so I am going to try and see what else I can get rid of. I have the fat quarters folded and put in baskets on a shelf. Oh the other thing I did when I folded on the boards. I measured and wrote on the board how much. If I cut a piece off I just write how much I cut off to keep track.