Old 05-28-2012, 05:53 AM
wildyard

Thank you for all the kind words everyone. I do have a fairly large collection of novelty fabrics and love using them in a themed comfort quilt when I can find out if the person it is for has a particular love for something or certain colors. It is so wonderful when I fall short in a certain theme to know the board is here for helping me out. And I love being able to help out others when they need something too.
I especially love coming up with my own patterns, as in this case. First I see what fabrics I have to work with, then I put them on the wall or on the bed and just start moving them around till they tell me where they belong. Once I have the general idea, I like to grab some graph paper and then do some fine tuning. This paper pattern is just my guideline and things are free to change as the quilt talks to me and tells me how it needs to go together.
You can check some of my other pictures posted for themed comfort quilts I've done. I've done birds, butterflies, pandas, horses, cars, flowers and The US Marines.