View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 06:11 AM
eastermarie

Last Sunday, I pulled my shoulder trying to straighten a designed squarish print from Kaufman's new oriental line. It was only a half yard cut but it took over 2 hours of pulling on the bias in both directions and twisting, steaming and pressing to get the grain and pattern lined up enough to do the strips for Eleanor Burns Quick Trip around the World Quilt. Since there were rectangles cut of each of the 9 fabrics, it was very important for the designs to line up correctly. I should have thought about that before I purchased the fabric. We wer suppose to have all our strips cut before class last Monday. But I hurt my shoulder so badly on fabric 2 strips I couldn't cut anymore. We had a certified Eleanor Burns instructor, I just went Monday and told her I would just observe and help anybody that needed it since I hurt my shoulder and couldn't cut my strips. That instructor volunteered to cut my strips and sent me home to get the ones I had cut and my machine. I live less than 3 miles from the class. I could sew, I just couldn't bear down and cut with the rotary cutter.