Old 05-28-2012, 07:14 AM
Candace

Hehe. Yes, I'm enabler. Well, Nancy, a lot of people have told me I should have been born a man. I built a 18 x 16' greenhouse a few years back and my hubby just shook his head. I had no directions from a 10 year old kit. I put my noodle on it and did it pretty much all by myself, except I did hire an electrician and have a friend help me pour the concrete block footers. And I built a 15 ft. redwood pergola on the side of the house with help from my MIL. You should have see the looks we got from people driving by, watching two smallish women heft redwood around and putting in concrete piers. I had a few people ask me "Why my husband isn't doing it or where's my husband?" Too funny:> I've always tackled this kind of stuff.

I know how you get attached. I sold a machine last week and I'm selling another today. I bought a vintage Viking on Fri. that I've spent at least 8 hours working on that is now going to be a fantastic machine. It had 3 stuck dials and I had to rebuild the internal buttonholer mechanism. Also the motor wiring needed help. The machine only sewed in reverse when I got it. I received a lot of help from someone who walked me through some of the tricky steps. I said a lot of cuss words and ended up with bloody knuckles. But, in the end I learned the problems of a different brand-and this machine seemed to have all the problems vintage Vikings are known for! I can't keep them all so I try to let on go if I keep one. Or at least, that's what I tell myself!