Old 05-28-2012, 09:07 AM
yayaquilts

Jenniky: your JR is adorable!! My quilt inspector (Sydney) is quite a bit taller and weighs in at 40 lbs. She often sits right next to my sewing chair and I practically trip over her to use the iron! I used to use the floor of my sewing room as my "design wall," and there she would sit, right on top of everything. Those days are over for Sydney--just got a wonderful design wall that rolls up when not in use into an Oak frame, high above the floor! Can't wait till DH attaches it to the wall so I can finally put all my blocks and WIP up so I can see them better!

I have my fabrics chosen for this Mystery Train but haven't started cutting as yet. We were gone for the last two weeks, camping with family and our BFFs in Northern Cali. Home now, for most of June, but have a lot of clean-up of RV and neglected house, laundry etc that needs to be done first before I get to any sewing. (boo! would rather sew, of course!)

Probably won't get to any sewing for another week or so.
Long story short I am having outpatient surgery tomorrow to remove a cyst on my ovary laproscopically. Doctor's pretty certain it is only liquid filled (blood test came back normal-yeah) and recovery shouldn't be as bad as when I had a partial hysterectomy 24 yrs ago. Just not sure how long it will be before I feel like sewing;might be able to do some cutting sooner.
I know I will at least be checking in and reading all my threads!

(PS don't know why I can't get the last paragraph to print correctly-must be a QB glich!)

Last edited by yayaquilts; 05-28-2012 at 09:09 AM.