Old 05-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Candace

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
I posted our newest machines in the photo shop.
Nancy and I have been having a discusion about the 306W machine. I know it is suppose to take the 206/13 needle but this machine takes a 15/1 90/14 needle as well. Don't know why but the machine sews really good with either needle. Even watched it go into the hook and it picked up the thread like it is suppose to and did not hit any thing along the way. Ever hear of this before? The machine came with a 90/14 in it which is just 1/16" longer but the needle eyes are the same from the top when put side by side. Also this machine does not have a plug on the side like most machines it is wired right to the motor. Not even an outlet for a plug. Is this different also? I have two other 306's K and they are different
Yes the 15 x 1's will look o.k. sometims, but then doing a certain embroidery stitch or going over different thicknesses of fabric, etc. and whammo goes the needle into the bobbin case leaving scars along the way and possibly effecting the timing. Not worth the risk to use the incorrect needle. It was designed for the 206 x 13 for a reason. Though, yours may have been retimed to take 15 x 1's and could be the reason they appear to work. Just beware the whammo, needle breakage and out of time machine!

I would have to see pictures of your motor/wiring set up. But, these machines have been around for a long time and yours could just have been rewired by someone who chose to do it that way.