Old 05-28-2012, 02:05 PM
Anne P

Hello. I would like to jump on this train, too, if I may. I haven't done a mystery quilt, but have followed others who were doing one on Bonnie Hunter's site. I just didn't want to tackle a bed-sized one. However, I can handle a small one. I have one baby quilt top done and have come up with a quilting design so I need to get that finished. Then I have one more baby quilt to make for a little guy who is about two weeks old. After that, I'm open, except for all the IMH (in my head) things I want to do, until August, when another little boy is due. I think that's the end of friends having babies, for now. I've will have done six of them in about a year. It's been a regular population explosion!

I know I'm late getting started, but hopefully can work everything in as I go along. I've read 24 of the 48 pages of the thread and will finish all of that before I start, except that I'll look through my stash this evening. I've been wanting to make a Fourth of July wallhanging (is that one word or two?) and I know I have several patriotic fabrics but not sure about values and prints. If that doesn't work, I can do Christmas. I could also do a fall one because I have alot of fall fabrics, but I have something specific IMH for those. I also like the idea of a scrappy, though. Yikes - too many choices!!!

As for food, I can contribute 7 Layer Mexican Dip and chips, if no one has done it. Even if they have, you can't have too much!

I'm looking forward to reading through the rest of the posts and getting started! Happy Sewing
Anne P