View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 04:16 AM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by Linny View Post
Linda, I'm trying to go back in memory to who it was on the board that introduced this technique. It was a picture of a pear and the sharpie was used directly on the fabric, then alcohol was rubbed on to create a bleeding effect. I will research more, but she was very good at it and the results were so pretty. I'm not as confident so am using a q-tip dipped in the alcohol, then sharpie applied to q-tip. It's just more subtle that way. I'll let you know, but I remember looking it up on the board and finding info so maybe it's still there.
"okay, I found it...just go to "advance search" and type in sharpie art....lots of stuff on art quilts also. You still can sign up and make a beautiful art quilt. How about it? "

Thanks Linny! I will have to try that. If you are going for a more washed out look then I can see where the Sharpie would work, especially if you heat set it. Thanks also for the q-tip idea. And, for the invite to join. I am pretty sure my tastes run more along the 'art' quilt style but I have decided to follow along and see what y'all come up with. It seems like everywhere I turn I see articles, etc. on 'modern' quilts. Can't wait to see what you come up with.