Old 05-29-2012, 04:49 AM
nancia

i taught home ec for 5 yrs in a public middle school. my class was an entry class for special ed kids to mainstream. one aspect i appreciated most about the special ed children is i knew what their problems were and what to expect. with the 'normal' kids there were always some who had major problems that were undiagnosed and could really disrupt the class. i finally left to get my masters in counselling since i was identified by the kids as a safe adult. all my free time was spent with kids wanting one on one time and counselling. decided i needed to get the education so i wouldn't inadvertently mess up anyone further. i ended up moving to texas and raising little boys. lots of fun, too! i wish i had finished my degree. that's life! i always had great respect for the special ed teachers. ours were superior. they worked so hard and found rewards in the littlest of changes.

i probably lost weight this weekend as i missed 2 days of it. we were shopping at macy's and the mall when i had sudden pressure behind my eyes and double vision. we went to the emergency room, and then my right leg started shaking with the knee buckling. they and we, thought i was having a stroke. fortunately, it turned out to be a comples migraine. by the time i saw the dr my whole right side was jumping! very odd! they gave me iv dilaudid and all was well with the world, and i slept for 2 days. woke up this a.m. and didn't know what day it is. talk about a lost week end!!lol. but, i didn't have anything to eat because my dh didn't want to wake me. fortunately, i wasn't hungry. still have a bit of a headache, but not bad. have a list of dr's to call today. oh, bother!! anyhoo, i am well and back on track! had an apple instead of the rocky road ice cream i went to the kitchen for. yay me! one good choice!

hope others had a better week end than mine!

Last edited by nancia; 05-29-2012 at 04:57 AM.