View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 08:46 AM
WesternWilson

I would also like to make the point that a good business person would have got a bulk supply rate from their wholesaler (which one hopes would be passed on to the customer after a reasonable markup) and would have thought twice about being seen to be gouging customers. The book price, even inflated, would have been better off buried in the class fee! Unbelievable. This sort of thing is how brick and mortar stores drive themselves out of business.

Speaking of which, a relatively new quilt store locally was very bright in realizing stocking all the colours of the Kona Cottons would be a good marketing tool, and would really draw in the younger and art quilters. But recently I popped in with a solids shopping list and they were out of several of the colours I needed. Hmmm. Bad enough they are not managing the reorders in a pre-emptive fashion (you can't sell what is not on the shelf), they just left it at that..."we are out". They should have said "I am so sorry you came in and we were out of stock, let me order those colours in right away and I will give you a call when they are here, they should be in next week!". As it was I decided to order online instead.