View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 09:50 AM
seasaw2mch

back in the days before the "YEPPY GENERATION" decided they were smarter then all our parents, we wore what ever we had to bed and that was it. NO CHEMICALS were added to our clothing to make them "BURN RETARDANT" or what ever else they now try adding to the fabrics to make them "SAFER".

I was in a house fire along with 10 of my brothers and sisters, I was only in 1st grade at the time. We had to fight our way out of the house on our own and we did not get burned or hurt from the clothing that we wore. Most of us came out with barely a scratch physically, mentally is another subject. I think all the "safety" crap they come up with now a days is just a gimmick to sell stuff and I refuse to except their so-called reasoning behind it. How many 100's of years did people do just fine without all the extra chemicals in their cloths and if you look at things now, how many more people have allergies to so many things that weren't a problem back then.

My only real question would be, "Do you really want your new born baby, small infant or even yourself to be sleeping with all the added chemicals in those fabrics?"
I think NOT!!!