Old 05-29-2012, 11:43 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Yes, she knows about it. We like to wait until the deal is done on machines that we're interested in because they get pounced on by other folks that are lurkers here...
Geez, Did this become the Treadle On site or one of those yahoo groups that demand no postings of CLings for the heads up.

This thread has always had those of us posting deals, this isn't new. I have posted some awesome machines that were located across the US, and I have watch nobody snatch up those machines.

Look, there will always be lurkers, always someone advertising a machine for too high a price (as that red one), those that jack the price up in bids, and those that look daily for the deals.

Candace, even the sweet friend from X site, like TreadleOn, could steal the item from you or even out bid you without anyone here giving a heads up. It's a matter of who gets there first, wanting it badly enough, and be willing to pay the dollars.

Just one reason why I refuse to be on the TreadleOn site is because of such rule of no posting a heads up...and why I like this thread and site is because I CAN post a heads up.