View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 11:46 AM
mpspeedy

I bought my first embroidery machine at least 20 years ago. It was a Bernina Deco but the patent was held by Brother. I will admit I spent almost as much for thread and extra hoops etc. for it as I paid for it and it was at least $1500. It uses the little computer cards. I even invested in a Magic Box so that I could use other sources for my embrodiery patterns. I probably have another $1500 tied up in additional embroidery designs above and beyond the ones that came with it. Last year I perchased a Brother embroidery machine because my Bernina doesn't accept USB sticks and my Magic Box will not work with my newer home computer. There are not enough ports to plub in the Magic Box. Over the years I have used my first embroidery machine at least weekly and in the beginning almost daily. Most of the linens in my home as well as curtains a lot of blouses and T shirts etc. and of course gifts for others. I even made myself a sampler quilt for my queen size bed where each block has a different embroidered design. I have a heavy busom and it tends to act as a catch all for anything I eat. If I can get the stains out I embroidery something over them. I have accumulated hundreds of spools of embroidery thread. I will admit lately that I use almost exclusively varigated thread. It saves me having to change the thread so often. I prefer the stand alone embroidery machine because it starts and stops at the touch of a button and I can have a design running while I am sewing or serging on my other machines at the same time.