View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 12:18 PM
sandybeach

Default Falling T's Quilt

I was asked to make a quilt for a man I work with. He received a quilt from his grandma when he graduated from high school. And he wanted to give his son a quilt also. He paid for all the material, but I didn't charge him for my time, as I would have made a quilt for someone anyway. It was probably the largest quilt I have made - queen size. So I sent it out to be quilted. I also paid them to sew the binding on the quilt (then I hand sewed it on the back). I was afraid I was going to run out of time to finish it. I had quite a few leftover 10"-11" strips from the 2 1/2 packs of jelly rolls, so I decided to do a "jelly roll race" quilt with them while the large quilt was out being quilted. I gave that lap quilt to them also (I think the Dad decided to keep the lap quilt). The pattern is "Falling T's" from The Quilter Magazine, November 2008. It was a very easy pattern to do.
Attached Thumbnails hackneys-quilt-full-size.jpg   hackneys-quilt-cat.jpg   hackneys-quilt-close.jpg   hackneys-quilt-back.jpg   hackneys-lap-quilt-full-size.jpg  

hackneys-lap-quilt-up-close.jpg