Old 05-29-2012, 12:44 PM
vintagemotif

Oh and while I'm being my feisty self, my first Two Spools that I picked up for $30 out of Turlock that was sitting on CLs post for over a month, nobody even knew it was sitting there. The guy had it posted for $80 and I got it for $30.

Also found a very nice FW in box with attachments, manual, Singer sewing course, and oil can on San Jose CLs for $110. That machine had sat for over two weeks because seller posted it as a Singer 15-91, but photo showed a FW.
I drove 30 minutes just to check if machine was a FW or Singer 15.

A Davis NVF sat for weeks at $30, even after I posted a heads up here. I picked up that machine, which was my 2nd Davis NVF.

Then I saw another Davis NVF out in Modesto area in cabinet, that I posted here and on TreadleOn. That TreadleOn posting caused trouble, seems many wanted that machine and were just watching and waiting for price to drop. If I hadn't already owned a Davis NVF (by then I owned two), that machine would have been mine since I would have paid full price.

And then there were all my free machines: Singer VS2, Standard Rotary with spider attachment, Singer 9W, and a free cabinet. Some of these I picked up quickly and others sat for days on CLs.

As I have stated before, somehow the machine has a way of finding its new steward.