Old 05-29-2012, 01:29 PM
BoJangles

Hummmm Monica, I have to agree with Candace and Melinda on this one. Remember my beautiful Pfaff treadle Candace found for me in Oakland? Well, she posted it here and there were several people from this site trying to get it before I could get it! I am sure most of them were lurkers, but everyone knew how much I wanted it and some here were trying to get it before I could get down there! Yeah, I agree with Candace if I find a machine that I know one of the regular contributors on here really wants, I will send that person a heads up first! I didn't realize this went on until I went to get the Pfaff. The store owner told us all about the people who were trying to get him to hold the machine, ship the machine, let them pay with a credit card on the phone so they'd be sure and get it before I could - people from this site - mostly lurkers - people who don't contribute, but take advantage of the deals we find! I was pretty naive until then - I hadn't realized there are lots and lots of people who lurk here, but never contribute, yet will jump on something we post for one of the regulars!

Nancy

Melinda, that ended up being an advantage for you though! I will remember that lesson if I ever bid on something and change my mind - try to get out of it!

Last edited by BoJangles; 05-29-2012 at 01:33 PM.