Old 05-29-2012, 01:44 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Now you do realize that we collect old vintage machines and that people on the net are looking for and easy buck and the lukers or prof business people looking to make the $. These people will collect vintage machines and sell them at top $. They know what we are looking for. It is our own fault we have driven the price up on these machines. The demands is great now for these machines and they will get for and few between as the dealers figure this out. We are a larger group than you think. I have been in business a long time and very well understand the law of demand and what it will do to prices.
I'm thinking there are sellers asking a lot of $$$ and the buyers are few and far between and trying to pay $20 for a machine that has been worked over and in top condition. Maybe they think the machines are worth more all rusted up and covered in lint and dried on 3 in 1 oil and have broken wires and don't turn and have a case or cabinet that has been through a war. I'm seeing those on CL for big bucks. go figure.