View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 02:17 PM
BKrenning

I would look for vintage machines for your neighbor girls. I just don't trust the itty bitty plastic ones. If you really want to get one of the itty-bitty machines--I would check out the little Janome that Hancock Fabrics sells or even one of the cheap Brother's that Walmart sells. That way, if you keep the receipt and have a problem--you can take it back. I've thought about the little Brother at Walmart that has the extension table to take on vacation instead of lugging my trusty old Euro-Pro, especially when we fly. I bought a cheap, plastic White mini-machine just for a plane ride vacation and it is extremely loud, vibrates more than my Harley, plastic feed dogs and can't sew a straight line--really--even paper piecing on it was a challenge. Now I am too embarrassed to even give it away! Maybe my non-sewing MIL? No, she'd spend days calling all the aunts, uncles, cousins and neighbors telling them what a piece of crap I gave her and she's never sewed a day in her life. I doubt she has even sewed a button on.