View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by rdem
they are very nice. With experience I hope to get my blocks peiced as perfectly as yours are :!: I like how the pattern on the hotpad seems to echo. What did you use for wadding in the hotpad, do you need a heatproof wadding?
Some people use the heat proof material but I don't. I use traditional polyester batting and I use 2 layers. I like the traditional because it isn't fat and fluffy and is more dense. It is just fine with the poly filling.

My piecing is not as perfect as you might suppose. I can point out many places that are less than perfect! I have just learned ways to disguise them somewhat. I spent many frustrating minutes last night taking out and redoing seams! I just get very perfectionist when it comes to my work. Now my housekeeping is another story!!!

Basically I have a good eye for when something is out of line but I use a ruler and double check when I think something is not right. Then I problem solve to fix the problem. Sometimes there is no fix and you just have to live with it.
One block had a square in the middle that wanted to bow out so I sprayed it with sizing and made it lay down flat!!