Old 05-29-2012, 04:06 PM
BoJangles

You know, this all started because I said I wanted and was looking for a red machine. Anamaria did nothing the rest of us don't do. I have found some really great machines from you all with your 'heads up!' Monica and Candace have found me some really great machines! It is just that Candace and I learned a lesson when she sent me the link to the Pfaff - knowing how bad I wanted one - everyone on here knew she sent it to me, yet several people tried to buy it out from under me. Yes, this in a free enterprise country, and yes we are probably driving the prices up, all we said is if you "KNOW" there is a person on here looking for a particular machine it would be kind to give that person a heads up! That is all! I post listings all the time. Most of the time, I don't know who is looking for what!! Anamaria didn't even think twice about posting the red machine - and she shouldn't have to 'think twice' about it! I had an interestesing experience when I got the Pfaff that is all - something that really surprised the heck out of me - because I look at all of you as friends, but then again I am or used to be pretty naive about the way others act! No matter how much I wanted a machine I would never try to take one away from someone on here that wanted it/was trying to get it - not my thing! I think most people on here feel the same way I do! I am really happy to see others get great deals and get the machines they covet! Enough said, maybe we better all take a deep breath and cool off a little. Geeze!!!!! I called the guy, made an offer, told him it got posted in the sewing machine vintage shop and he might just get his asking price! He thanked me! I hope he does get his price, he seems to think a lot of that machine - it was his Mothers! It is not that important to me! I have too many machines anyway!

Sometimes, this board makes me sad. Most of the time it is such a happy/fun place.

Nancy