View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 03:03 AM
ejpkam

Originally Posted by Rose_P View Post
This is incredible! I have a recently started UFO with a lot of pieces cut for a quilt, and if I could post mine right now you might think I was stealing your inspiration! I've started a different quilt and the teal and purple pieces can't be laid out to take a picture with the other in the way, so the best I could do was dump them out on the floor and spread them out a little so you can see the general idea of the fabrics.

My purples are mostly darker and have quite a bit of blue, green and aqua in addition to the teal. I've had most of these fabrics around for a long time and finally decided to put them together as a variation of the jelly roll race. What I have so far is the 42" long strips all sewn together with the white squares between them. After I got that far I realized that I could double the size of it if I made a corresponding row of white between the colored rows. Some of the delay was caused by having to go out and find more of the white fabric, which luckily was still available. And then I wanted it even bigger, so I bought several more fabrics in the color range. It was a little quilt idea that grew and grew, so that eventually it will be at least a queen size.

I have to say I love yours because it's so much like my own plan. Great minds think alike?

I can assure you mine will not be hand quilted, and I promise I won't copy your bubble idea, even though it's wonderful on this - a great counterpoint to the linear piecing.
I used the moda bake shop pattern "easy bricks" but had to alter it to work for my strip size. I dont mind if u use "bubbles" Happy quilting!