Thread: Sweet dreams
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 05:04 AM
SouthPStitches

Default Sweet dreams

For longer than I can remember, there has been on on-going battle between Hubby and I. It's the year 2012 and we're still sleeping on a water bed mattress since 1978. Yup, you're reading that correctly. He thinks it's wonderful and didn't want any kind of a change. Mind you, he could get a decent night's sleep on a park bench. It's been killing me, between the arthritis and hot flashes. It wasn't supporting my joints enough and the very last thing I need in my life is any added heat! Hated to but issued an ultimatum, which is more important to him, the water bed or sleeping with his wife......... I now understand why Ricky and Lucy Ricardo slept in twin beds.

Happy to report, a queen size pillow top is being delivered this afternoon. In retrospect, why did I spend months arguing with him? I should have just taken my handy dandy seam ripper to his side of the waterbed mattress and poked a series of small holes/leaks on his side of the bed........all's fair in love and war!

Anyhow, think of me tonight, hopefully super comfortable and getting the best sleep I've had in forever.