View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 07:26 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

I am fortunate in that I have a dedicated room to sewing so I can keep them away. I love my kitties dearly and it does make me sad when I am behind the closed door and I hear one of my furry babies on the other side calling out or sliding a paw under the door but I would rather be safe than sorry. We have had numerous posts here of members who ended up with a very costly vet bill due to their cat ingesting thread or needles. I would be beside myself with grief and guilt if my cat got into my sewing and was injured or worse and I could have prevented it by simply keeping the cat away. I think the cover on your serger will work but you will have to be very diligent with your other sewing supplies and pins. I think you need to find some toys for your cat that she finds irresistable and leave your sewing alone. Mine love those crinkle balls made out of mylar, ping pong balls, the little furry mice, a balled up piece of tin foil, the ring of a gallon jug of milk that seals the top. Maybe she just needs some toys that interest her. Interactive toys are great too. Da Bird is a great one http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...LAID=525360278
or those wands with mylar tassles at the end.