View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 04:19 PM
carriem

I bought thread for quilting one quilt, backing and batting for another today. Need to help my 10yr old dd with her quilt tomorrow. She wants to take it to Fair in July...she got the quilting done earlier this week and we got the binding fabric bought today. It is her 2nd "big" quilt...this one is twin, her 1st was a lap.

My plan for June is to finish a "jelly roll race" quilt I started more than a year ago. I need to put the borders on (already cut) and get it sandwiched for quilting. This quilt will just be SITD quilting with a decorative stitch. I have everything needed to finish after getting the thread today so no excuses!!

During June I will also be helping my son (12yrs old) finish his 1st quilt. He is using the QAYG method since it is for a queen sized bed. All the blocks are in rows, so he is ready for the quilting. This "UFO" was started 3 years ago and then we moved and he never got back to it. Now he decided he wants it done in time for Fair. He also has a "jelly roll race" quilt top almost done (one border on, 2nd ready to go on). I don't think he will try to be both finished before July though!

Busy month ahead!