Old 05-30-2012, 04:44 PM
stillclock

it's a double, though how that differs from a queen i'm hard pressed to say exactly. it has 54 blocks and sashing.

i chose an amish daisy chain that's about as pretty as can be and i thought i'd just knot the chain through the blocks and do a few full block butterflies and dragonflies here and there. i made the borders really wide to accommodate a 10 inch cable i have wanted to do forever.

i quilt in a hoop. i took it to the library today because i had quite a few hours to myself. i didn't get very far, though i know i haven't done any hand work in about 8 months so i will pick up some speed just getting into my groove.

i know. it's just time, and i should probably quilt it with a machine to get it to my gran. but it's so damned pretty and the hand work is so so so much nicer....

i have honestly thought about using one of the other ufo's to get used to the darning foot and teaching myself to fmq to get this one to her faster. but...the quilting i did today is so beautiful.

i'm a wanker. i'll just quilt it and hope it doesn't take too long. such a weird thing to be racing against the life left in one of your most favorite people on earth.

thanks for any thoughts and suggestions. i am all ears.

aileen