Thread: Singer 160
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 05:02 AM
Blackberry

Originally Posted by granny216 View Post
I just saw this new 160 Ann. Edition Black sewing machine but didn't have the time to see a demo. Does anyone have it and are you enjoying it? It looks so modern.
I bought one from HSN and I really like it. It sounds a lot like by Brother CS6000i and uses the same cord and the same feet as the brother. It has a nice extension that is rounded in the front which I like better than the square one on the brother. My walking foot that came with my brother works on the 160 and I have quilted a couple of lap throws on this machine. It goes thru several thicknesses of material with no effort. I have not tried any of the extras that came with the HSN offer, mostly because I do all quilting except for an occasional AG dress for my GD. I actually bought it because I have several of the vintage Singer Black shiny sewing machines and I thought this would be a nice addition but now that I have it I find myself using it quite often. It is fairly lightweight which makes it handy for me to lift with my RA problem.