View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 06:31 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

When you say HD, I assume you mean HQ (Handiquilter). It is definitely HQ that makes the Avante model. With your issues of RA and Lupus will you be capable of standing for several hours at a LA? Because you want a computer guided module I would not consider any purchase of any LA if I did not have dealer support to come to my home, set the machine up, guide me through initial operation with loading of quilt, lining up machine head for CG quilting, digitizing designs, threading, tension issues etc. This becomes even more critical with your health issues, especially with assembling the rack and ensuring the stitch regulator is making good contact with rails, etc. You avoid massive amounts of frustration with the support of a dealer (IMHO).

So perhaps more than bargain basement price you should consider the after purchase support, especially the hands on support a dealer offers. This may be why baby lock doesn't ship?? Have you even test driven any model of LA at all? Or tried taking a class to make sure you even like LAQ? It is a large investment to make, especially with the added computer guided setup, you are getting into the tens of thousands of dollars.

Last edited by feline fanatic; 05-31-2012 at 06:33 AM.