View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 09:21 AM
Wunder-Mar

IN MY SEWING ROOM:
- I have one pin cushion affixed to my sewing machine (velcro tie in the back) - it's on the body of the machine, below all the buttons. It's basically a pillow shape, but I backed it with some flexible plastic (a piece of one of those very flexible, very soft plastic cutting boards) so the incoming needles wouldn't damage the casing of the machine. I use this one to put the pins I remove as I sew those tricker spots.
- I have another pin cushion made by a Secret Sister in jewel-toned sumptuous wool. One quarter of one side holds fork pins, another quarter holds a replacement machine needle, another quarter holds hand needles, and the other quarter is empty.
- I have a pin box - a round 4" diameter box (and cover) covered in turquoise Asian brocade with a dozen Chinese men all around the base - that houses all my non-working pins.
- I also use the square end of the ironing board as a pin cushion.

IN THE BEDROOM I use a wrist pin cushion for any handwork I am doing - binding, yoyos, applique.

FOR CLASS I will be making a special pin cushion to use/pack for classes. I'll use a Cupcake-2-Go container (http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CHUQ8wIwAg) to house the cupcake pin cushion I'll make. I plan to top the cupcake with bugle beads and seed beads to look like sprinkles, and the hard cover will keep pins and needles from jabbing into people and things during transport.