Old 05-31-2012, 10:18 AM
CanadianGirl

Default Need your opinion: buying used embroidery machine Brother 180PED

I know a lot of members are from the United States, so please note that sewing machines, even used, cost more in Canada (where I am...)
I want to buy a personal embroidery machine (don't need heavy duty, it's only for "me").So, I've been looking around and read good reviews on the Brother 180 PED. It has the some Disney designs built in, which I like. I found it (used) at a Canadian sewing centre about 200 miles away from where I live...n.p. I have a friend who travels to that area to sell fabric, she can pick it up....
I called them to check on history of the machine, what accessories came with it and was told the price was $399.00 We pay a lot of tax in Canada (13%) so I asked if I paid cash, could it be taxes included. The girl told me the owner would have to get back to me....
The owner called today and very politely said I was quoted the wrong price...it was $499.00 Would I consider splitting the difference and pay $450? I asked for some time to think about it...can someone give me some feed back? I didn't ask whether $450 included taxes...