Old 05-31-2012, 12:11 PM
meanmom

Here is an example of my problem with the teacher I work with. How would you like to receive this as your end of the year thank you note. I had to leave the room and go to the restroom to keep from crying.
Dear Pat,
Thank you for working with me this year. It was certainly a learning experience for both of us. I am hoping as we move forward, you learn to respect what I do even if you don't understand it. We do what is best for the kids first!

No matter what I do I feel like I am treated with disrespect by her. I am always given the worst kid to work with. If there is an assembly and one of them acts up, I am always the one who has to leave with them. Today we had a pizza party and each kid got a small pizza. She couldn't find the list of who got what. When I spoke up and said whose was whose I was rudely told, Pat we got it. Then she turned to the other aide and asked her who got what. This kind of slight goes on all day every day. The teacher and the other aide are best friends (they vacation together etc). THe other aide is as nice as can be.There are 2 part time aides and they see how she treats me too and agree with me. I can't afford to quit as we need the health insurance provided. I am looking for another job in the school district but it doesn't look good as they are making tons of cuts. Thanks for letting me vent again.