View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Bicycle Hobo

Originally Posted by MaggieLou View Post
Why not get the Janome Sew-Mini? It's a better machine for about the same price.
I looked one over & I did not much like it. I bought the model up from it. It was a better machine & price.

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/Janome-3128-Sewing-Machine-Standard-Sewing-Machines_stcVVproductId81913199VVcatId539684VVview prod.htm

Originally Posted by icon17 View Post
I can tell you this Don't ever buy a machine with the Presserfoot lift lever under/inside the arm area! I did and its always in the way and your always hitting it! as you turn fabric!!
I had to adjust to this new Presserfoot Position on my latest machines. I could see the logic in their positioning. The lever is far less likely to be damaged as it is hidden within the sewing machine's own protective arm. Rather than just jutting out where anything could happen when it hits something hard and not giving in.

Originally Posted by matraina View Post
Looks like a kid's machine to me!
I am always amazed how limiting people's eye or opinion to offered products to what the product "looks" like. I worry far more about the innards and stitch quality rather than superficial "looks." I think this limiting prejudice spills out over into other parts of ones' own life.

Last edited by Bicycle Hobo; 05-31-2012 at 04:46 PM.