Old 05-31-2012, 06:31 PM
purplefiend

Originally Posted by crewsemj View Post
Seems like the only time I post is when I have a question. Am going to try to explain my problem and hope someone can understand what I'm trying to say. Took pictures but it is to shinny and doesn't show what I want. This is about my Singer 15-91. I can sew about 10 inches (did it twice and it did it in the same spot both times) and it will make a catching noise and I look underneath at the bobbin, cause you can't move the material on the top. The thread has wrapped around the hinge that you take a hold of to remove the bobbin.

I've changed thread on both the bobbin and at the top, put a new 15x1 needle in. Also switched directions that the bobbin lays in it's case (neither way seams to make a difference). Is there anything else I should try or can someone help?
Trying to think of all sorts of things that can cause your machine's problem.....
Your tension discs could be rusty, had this problem with a Featherweight.
Check for burrs on the bobbin case. The bobbin goes in with the thread coming over the top toward you; check the bobbin for defects, had some brand new ones that weren't made properly. I use vintage bobbins in my old machines whenever I can.
I would also check for burrs on the hook(the thingy that surrounds the bobbin case). Make sure that your needle is in with the flat to left and up as far as it will go into the needle bar; needle threads inside to outside. Thread the machine with the presser foot up. Only ever turn the hand wheel forward. Be sure to check that the new needle has no burrs and isn't bent; had both of these things happen fresh from the package.
Sharon W.

Last edited by purplefiend; 05-31-2012 at 06:35 PM.