View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 08:24 PM
dollycaswell

Default Excuse me..... what in the world is a 201....??? Obviously a sewing machine, but.....

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
OK I decided to look for a 201 with a bigger bed to quilt on then my 401. checked ebay and there was one going for 75 ending in 6 hours. So I figures what it would cost with shipping and put in a max bid. I'm the high bidder as of right now.

Then I decided to take a look at CL in nearby cities and found a 201 in a cabinet for $80. I emailed the lady and she left me a voicemail. Now it looks like I'm going to have 2 201s.
I KNOW....... I DON'T KNOW enough about the different "older" sewing machines. Why, pray tell are you so excited about an old sewing machine? What is so great about a "201" and what is it? A Singer? or what?
I actually own a Featherweight, but can't imagine preferring it over my wonderful Janome 6600 that does all it's tricks and is (gasp) self-threading (almost). Am I missing something about the glory and wonder of old machines or are some of you just a few bricks shy of a full load??? (ha ha, I'm joking you know!!)