Old 09-17-2009, 06:41 AM
quiltease

I went to a shop about an hours drive from home. We decided on lambs quilted in every other block with clouds filling in the rest...it was a baby quilt btw. Anyway, a couple of weeks later I go to pick up the quilt and she had followed a pantograph. The lambs fell wherever they wanted. But that wasn't the worst part. The tension was off so the back had loops whenever she did a curve. Lambs have lots of curves. The owner was gushing about how great this woman was and what a wonderful job she did. I paid, took it home, and ripped it out and did my best to requilt it myself. I understand your reluctance to ask for your money back. I wish I had spoken up. Since you are no longer going to use her services you have nothing to lose by asking for a refund. She obviously didn't tighten the backing, or if it was out of square she would have seen that immediately when she pinned and rolled the backing. It is not your fault, it's hers. SHE should have offered you a refund.
Whatever you do, the best bet is to rip it out and do a simple quilting of your own to salvage it. If it's going to be a wall quilt you can leave it as is because no one will see the back, but you'd always know. I'm so sorry.
There are wonderful people out there, some have already contacted you. Let us know what you end up doing.
bev.