View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 03:35 PM
JustAbitCrazy

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
I would recommend using the frame which comes with the machine, even if it doesn't break down. My Gammill frame does not break down, and that is what makes it so stable. Stability is very important in a frame. I would also recommend calling them to find out the exact measurements of the frame, including the thickness at the thickest part, and make a cardboard mockup to use to try getting it into the house the way you think it will fit. Then you will know better if you can proceed. It's what we did. If you don't have large pieces of cardboard (remember you can't bend the cardboard at all during the exercise) you can get them from somewhere that sells large appliances like refrigerators, etc. And then ducttape the pieces to make your cardboard "frame". Good luck to you! Hope you can get it!
My apologies--I said my "frame" doesn't break down, and what I meant to say is the table doesn't break down. The legs all come off and apart, etc. but the table along the back of the machine is one huge piece, and what you have to worry about having room for and being able to get into the house and into the space you have chosen for it. It is usually 12-14 ft. long and about 4 ft. wide, several inches thick where the braces are underneath, and doesn't go around corners. At all.